The award-winning annual 100 Miles of Lights takes place along the 100 or so miles from Richmond to Virginia Beach, featuring a festive array of holiday light shows, special events, decorated historic areas, musical performances, visits with Santa Claus and more.
The seven host cities for this delightful seasonal event are: Richmond, Williamsburg, Newport News, Hampton, Portsmouth, Norfolk and Virginia Beach. Some of the highlights include:
See the Holiday Lights - A few of the Light Display highlights include: Holiday Lights at the Beach along the Virginia Beach Boardwalk, featuring 250 mostly nautical displays; Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration, transforming the popular theme park into a Christmas wonderland; GardenFest of Lights at Richmond's Lewis Ginter Garden with over 500,000 lights in botanical themes; and Celebration in Lights, Virginia's oldest drive-through light show, featuring 700,000 lights in over 200 fanciful displays.
Visit Santa - A number of uniquely festive opportunities to visit Santa include singing, sailing and brunch with Santa, a legendary Santa, Victorian Santa and more, each at various locations throughout the season.
Special Events - The events calendar is chocked full of wonderful special events including:
- Holiday parades
- Seasonal marketplaces and bazaars
- Planetarium and aquarium shows
- Ice skating, carriage rides and caroling
- Special events for Thanksgiving, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and New Year’s Eve
- World class holiday entertainment
- Special holiday themed tours and many more fun events
- Richmond Hotels - Check Rates and Reviews
- Williamsburg Hotels - Check Rates and Reviews
- Norfolk Hotels - Check Rates and Reviews
- Virginia Beach Hotels - Check Rates and Reviews
- Mileage and Estimated Driving Times to Richmond
- Mileage and Estimated Driving Times to Williamsburg
- Mileage and Estimated Driving Times to Virginia Beach
- November Weather | December Weather