November 16, 2012 - January 5, 2013
Special Note: Speedway in Lights has a new entrance location for 2012. This year, the entrance is at the Bristol Dragway entrance, on Highway 394 - not at the South entrance of the Speedway on Volunteer Parkway as in previous years.
The roar of the engines is replaced with the twinkling of two million lights during Bristol Motor Speedway's annual Speedway in Lights. Along the four mile route, including a drive around the World's Fastest Half-Mile, visitors delight in hundreds of displays.
A sampling of highlights and annual favorites includes:
- Symphony of Lights - The largest display to be added in Speedway in Lights's 14-year history, this light show features a large Christmas tree, dancing snowflakes, arches and fountains, consisting of more than 300,000 LED lights synchronized to music.
- The Twelve Days of Christmas - A dozen scenes stretch for 180 feet, each approximately 10 feet tall and nearly 15 feet wide, depicting holiday scenes.
- The Sea Of Illumination - Presented by Ripley's Aquarium of the Smokies, this popular display features almost 750 feet of sparkling fish, sharks and other sea creatures.
- The Animated Snowman Attraction - Flying snowballs build a huge snowman.
- Dinosaur Village - This display features six dinosaurs and an erupting volcano.
- Santa's Speedway Sleigh (Wednesday and Thursday nights at 6 p.m. and 8 p.m.) - A special tram offers the experience of an open-air ride through along the four mile route, complete with Christmas carols played on the tram's sound system and information provided by a tour guide.
For additional information about the schedule and tickets, visit: Bristol Motor Speedway Website.
Next Destination: 100 Miles of Lights - Richmond to Virginia Beach