November 23, 2012 – January 1, 2013
Fragrant handmade decorations, the glow of candlelight, seasonal music and festive fireworks bring the magic of Christmases past to Colonial Williamsburg. Hundreds of special programs and events offer memorable fun for all ages. Advance reservations are necessary for many of the popular events.
A sampling of highlights includes:
- The Grand Illumination - Heralding the holiday season, this festive celebration includes period entertainment, the lighting of candles throughout the Historic District and dazzling fireworks displays in three locations. (December 2, 2012)
- A Kid's Holiday Memories Tour - In addition to plenty of Colonial Williamsburg family fun throughout the season, these special guided tours led by a colonial character feature holiday decorations making, various colonial games and more for children ages 6 through 12. Children must be accompanied by an adult. (November 24, 25 and December 8 - 9, 15 - 16, 22 - 23, 29 - 30, 2012)
- Annual Christmas Homes Tour - Presented by the Green Spring Garden Club, this annual walking tour features private homes, not usually open to the public, decorated with holiday floral arrangements. (December 1, 2012)
- Christmas Decorations Walking Tour - Enjoy a guided look at Colonial Williamsburg's picturesque buildings and streets, decorated for the holidays. (Schedules vary November 25 – December 25, 2012)
- Holiday Dining Events - On scheduled days enjoy special seasonal dining events including several options for Thanksgiving day and evening feasts, Grand Illumination day dining, Dickens-themed banquets or holiday teas, Breakfast with Santa Claus, Christmas brunches and dinners, a New Year's Eve Gala and more.
- Williamsburg, Virginia for the Holidays - great holiday fun around the Williamsburg area
- More About America's Historic Triangle - visiting Williamsburg, Jamestown and Yorktown
- Photo Tour of Colonial Williamsburg - images of the Historic Area
- Colonial Williamsburg Holiday Website - Colonial Williamsburg holiday events, hotel and dining reservations, special tours and admission tickets