- Western North Carolina Highest Elevations - Late September to Early October
- Western North Carolina - Early to Mid October
- Western to Central North Carolina - Mid October to Late October
- Central North Carolina - Late October to Early November
- Visitnc.com features a Fall Travel Guide with a wealth of seasonal information for fall travelers.
- The Asheville Convention and Visitors Bureau offers an online Fall Color Report and Guide, which covers useful tips for fall color seekers. Also, check out Mysteries of Fall Color Digitized, featuring 3D animations, satellite image flyovers, time lapse skyscapes and more.
- Romantic Asheville provides an online Fall Color Forecast / Leaf and Foliage Report.
- The National Park Service provides information about fall at Great Smoky Mountains National Park.
- Visit the Weather Channel website to find Fall Foliage Reports and Maps for:
Western North Carolina
Central North Carolina Coastal North Carolina
Fall Foliage Guides: AL - KY - NC - SC - TN - VA - WV