The Annual Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend in Alexandria offers a weekend of events in historic Alexandria, hosted by the Campagna Center, in honor of the community's Scottish heritage. Each year, this festive tradition launches Alexandria's holiday season.
Most of the Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend events are held at the George Washington Masonic Memorial, located at 101 Callahan Drive in Alexandria. Popular events held at other Alexandria, Virginia locations include the annual Scottish Walk Parade and the Holiday Designer Tour of Homes.
Dates for Scottish Christmas Walk Weekend:
Friday and Saturday
November 30 and December 1, 2012
- Christmas Marketplace - Friday
- Deck the Halls with Santa - Friday Afternoon
- Taste of Scotland - Friday Evening
- Heather and Greens Sale - Friday
- 'Tis the Season: Music for Chorus and Brass - Saturday Night at the George Washington Masonic Memorial Theater
- Scottish Walk Parade throughout Old Town Alexandria - Saturday at 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- Holiday Designer Tour of Homes in Old Town Alexandria - Saturday 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- Massed Band Concert in front of City Hall at Market Square (King and Royal Streets) - Saturday after the parade
- Heather and Greens Sale at the Campagna Center - Saturday