The United States Air Force Memorial, located in Arlington, Virginia, was dedicated on the weekend of October 14 and 15, 2006 and openend to the general public on October 17, 2006. The Memorial is open every day of the year, with seasonal time changes:
- April - September, 8 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- October - March, 8 a.m. to 9 p.m.
The United States Air Force Memorial honors the service and sacrifices of the millions of men and women who have served in the United States Air Force and its predecessor organizations. More than 54,000 airmen have given their lives while serving in the Air Force and its preceding arms of the military, including:
- The Aeronautical Division, U.S. Signal Corps
- The Aviation Section, U.S. Signal Corps
- The Division of Military Aeronautics,
Secretary of War
- The Army Air Service
- The U.S. Army Air Corps
- The U.S. Army Air Forces