Season and Hours
- Climbing tours begin the third Friday in April and continue through Columbus Day.
- Spring and fall climbing hours 9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Summer climbing hours (the Friday of Memorial Day Weekend through Labor Day) 9 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Weekly night climbing tours and monthly full moon tours are scheduled during the summer months
- The Visitor Center on the grounds is open year-round, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m. with extended summer hours until 6 p.m. Closed Christmas.
Ticket sales begin at 8:15 a.m. and close at 4:30 p.m., extended to 5:30 p.m. during summer hours. Climbing tours begin at 9 a.m. and run every 10 minutes with a limit of 30 visitors per tour. Ticket holders should arrive at the lighthouse gate at least five minutes before to their ticketed tour time.
- Adults - $8
- Senior citizens age 62 or older - $4
- Children age 11 and under, and at least 42" tall - $4
The following National Park Service safety rules for climbing are in effect:
- The lighthouse may close at any time if weather conditions are unsafe.
- Children must be at least 42” tall and must be capable of climbing all steps on their own.
- Children under the age of 12 years old must be escorted by an adult.
- No person may be lifted or carried.
- Running, jumping, or stomping on stairs and landings is prohibited.
- Eating, drinking, smoking and chewing tobacco are prohibited.
- No pets, other than service animals are allowed in the lighthouse.
- Bare feet and heels over 1 1/2 inches high are prohibited.
- Backpacks, tripods, coolers, beach bags, surfboards, fishing poles, umbrellas, etc. need to be left in your car.
- Frisbees, boomerangs and other throwing equipment are prohibited.
- Throwing of objects off the lighthouse is strictly prohibited and to quote the National Park Service "may get you in big trouble!"