Busch Gardens Williamsburg presents Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration during the holiday season, transforming the park into a Christmas wonderland. The celebration features festive decorations including more than six million sparking lights, hundreds of wreaths and over 1500 fresh, fragrant Christmas trees with more than 20,000 ornaments.
Attractions and activities include holiday themed shows, holiday markets and shops, dining on seasonal favorites, and visits and special events with Santa. Many of the popular Busch Gardens rides will be open as well, weather permitting. In addition to the rides, a few Christmas Town highlights include:
- O Tannenbaum, a spectacular light show takes place at the 45-foot tall Christmas tree centerpiece in the Oktoberfest village in Germany.
- Strolling Dickens-style carolers fill the city streets in England.
- Several holiday themed shows are performed live throughout the park.
- Ice Palace: A Penguin Paradise is an ice-themed world with dazzling lights, snow, and an up-close encounter with live penguins at the Royal Palace Theatre in France.
- The Italy Village features a theme of angels and golden decorations.
- Flight of Lights offers views of Christmas Town's themed villages and the holiday decorations aboard high-flying gondolas 80 feet in the air.
- Bustling holiday markets and shops offer everything from limited edition Christmas Town ornaments to fragrant live pine wreaths and garlands, local handmade arts and crafts, and gifts for all ages.
- Seasonal dining options include traditional turkey and ham, warm soups, freshly baked bread, hot holiday beverages, Christmas cookies and pastries, and many, many other choice. Special dining events feature dining with Santa and Mrs. Claus.
- Santa's workshop opens for visits with Santa and a photo.
2012 Christmas Town Dates:
- November 23 - December 9, 2012 on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays
- December 14 - December 31, 2012 open daily (closed December 25, Christmas Day)