The East Coast Surfing Championships, North America's oldest running surfing competition and the second oldest continuously-run surfing competition in the world according to event organizers, is held annually at Virginia Beach, Virginia. The event, which originally grew from a casual party for teenagers in Gilgo Beach, New York during the summer of 1961, has evolved into a four day celebration of surfing, beach sports, entertainment and more.
In addition to the featured professional and amateur surfing competitions, hundreds of festival visitors enjoy other beach oriented sports such as beach volleyball, skimboarding, an 8K run and other activities.
2013 Coastal Edge ECSC:
- Dates: August 19 - 25, 2013 (celebrating 51 years)
- Location: Virginia Beach Oceanfront
- Additional Information: Coastal Edge ECSC Official Website
Information may be subject to change; therefore, be sure to confirm all details at the official website before making your final plans.
Plan Your Trip to Virginia Beach:
- Virginia Beach Area Hotels - Compare Rates
- Information about Norfolk International Airport
- Norfolk International Airport Flights - Compare Airfare
- Mileage and Estimated Driving Time to Virginia Beach
- Virginia Beach Coastal Cuisine
- Save on Virginia Beach Dining with Restaurant.com Certificates - Buy Direct
- Virginia Beach Info for Visitors
- The Virginia Beach Boardwalk