SkyWheel's 42 Swiss manufactured passenger gondolas are fully enclosed and climate controlled for year round comfort. The convex, blue-tinted glass enclosures are designed to be non-reflective and UV protective. Each gondola provides space for up to six passengers, although unrelated groups of riders are not required to share a gondola. One VIP gondola features extra amenities such as leather bucket seating and a glass floor.
SkyWheel Myrtle Beach Basic Information
- Location: The Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Boardwalk and Promenade at 1110 North Ocean Boulevard, Myrtle Beach
- Opening Date: May 20, 2011
- Days and Hours: Open seven days a week; Seasonal hours; Will not operate in lightning conditions or other inclement weather
- Length: Each flight is three revolutions and ranges from 8 to 12 minutes in total.
- Price (subject to change): Adults ages 12 to 54 - $12; Children ages 3 to 11 - $8 (Children 2 and under - Free); Seniors ages 55 and over and Military with valid ID receive a $4 discount. (The VIP gondola is a rather pricey $50 per person, per flight.)
A few requirements and restrictions to note before planning your SkyWheel visit include:
- Children 11 and under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Pets other than service animals are not permitted.
- Smoking is not permitted on the gondolas or on the deck.
- Shirts and shoes are required.
- Food and drinks are not allowed on the gondolas.