From patriotic celebrations to summer fun on the beach, Myrtle Beach area summer holiday celebrations include:
Memorial Day Weekend 2013 - Downtown Myrtle Beach
Head to downtown Myrtle Beach during Memorial Day weekend for the following special holiday events:
- May 25, 2013 - Memorial Day Weekend Parade beginning at 27th Avenue North and continuing south to 9th Avenue North, featuring parade floats, balloons and music starting at 10:30 a.m. After the parade, enjoy a Picnic on Ocean Boulevard, complete with activities for the kids, military exhibits, music and more from 12 p.m. to 2 p.m. Other activities throughout the day include a Veterans Beard and Stache Beach Bash, a free concert and a 5K Run.
- May 27, 2013 - A Memorial Day Ceremony will take place on the Convention Center Plaza at 11 a.m.
- More About Myrtle Beach Military Appreciation Days throughout the month of May
- More Southeast U.S. Memorial Day Weekend Ceremonies and Events
Popular celebrations during the long weekend include:
- Fourth of July at Broadway at the Beach - Featuring a fair-like atmosphere with plenty of family fun, music and entertainment, plus the annual Independence Day Fireworks Extravaganza.
- Independence Day Celebration at the Surfside Beach Pier - Music, food and fireworks over the ocean
- Barefoot Landing - Special July 4th fireworks show over the lake
- North Myrtle Beach Fireworks Show at The Cherry Grove Fishing Pier is one of the biggest and best fireworks displays on the Grand Strand.
- Murrells Inlet 4th of July Boat Parade and Fireworks Display Decorated boats sail down the parade route with festival goers watching from decorated docks of the Murrells Inlet Marshwalk and picturesque restaurants, concluding with a spectacular firework display in the Inlet.
- More Southeast U.S. Fourth of July Celebrations
Wind up summer in Myrtle Beach at this free festival
- The annual Beach Boogie and BBQ Festival features family-friendly fun and entertainment, live music, South Carolina's official barbecue competition, arts and crafts vendors, food vendors, a kids' zone, fireworks finale and more.
- Beach Boogie and BBQ Festival Details
- More Southeast U.S. Labor Day Weekend Events