The Bottom Line
- Delicious doughnuts
- Convenient Boardwalk location
- Open daily during the tourist season
- Only the temptation to eat too many
- Location - 11 Boardwalk, Carolina Beach, North Carolina
- Open - Daily during the tourist season; Off-season days and hours vary
- Area Information - Visiting Carolina Beach
Guide Review - Britt's Donuts - Carolina Beach, North Carolina
A long time favorite of Carolina Beach locals and regular visitors, Britt's Donuts received national recognition in a 2008 MSN.com article by Bret Statka, which focused on independent, small-town doughnut shops. Having eaten more of these delicious doughnuts than I would like to admit, I can say that I wholeheartedly agree that Britt's Donuts deserves to be on the list.
Britt's Donuts only makes raised glazed doughnuts. They are freshly baked, light and airy in the center and have a somewhat dark glaze that has just the right amount of crispness.
If you are planning a visit to Carolina Beach, I suggest going to Britt's Donuts sometime early during your stay because you may find yourself wanting to return for more...again and again.
Additional Information - For more about Britt's Donuts, visit:
Pleasure Island Chamber of Commerce Blog Post - Britt's Open Days and Hours
History of Britt's Donuts
Bret Statka Article at MSN.com