Note: Most events take place on July 4th, however some events take place on other days throughout the July 4th holiday weekend. Before making your final plans, visit the official web sites to confirm dates and times.
North Carolina - July 4th 2013 Highlights
- Ingles 4th of July Celebration - Asheville, North Carolina
Head to downtown Asheville for family-friendly fun including music, food and lots of patriotic festivities and a spectacular fireworks display.
- Annual July 4th Parade and Celebration - Bellhaven, North Carolina
One of the longest running July 4th events in the eastern United States and the oldest in North Carolina, this annual celebration features a mile-long parade, concerts and events during the day and fireworks at dark.
- Fireworks at Tweetsie Railroad - Blowing Rock, North Carolina
Enjoy one of the highland's most popular fireworks shows, after the park closes at 9 p.m., at this delightful mountain theme park with great appeal for young children.
- Independence Day Fun in Charlotte - Charlotte, North Carolina
Visitors to Charlotte will have several fun Fourth of July options. A few favorites include the annual Knights Stadium July 4th game and Skyshow, Center City Charlotte's Presbyterian Hospital July 4th Spectacular celebration, and Celebrate America presented by the Charlotte Symphony Pops Orchestra.
- Crystal Coast Fourth of July Celebrations - Beaufort, Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle and Morehead City, North Carolina
Enjoy plenty of celebrations throughout the area including the delightful annual Fourth of July Parade in Beaufort, live music and fireworks at Atlantic Beach, Emerald Isle's annual celebration, a July 4th Arts and Crafts Show and more.
- Outer Banks Fourth of July Celebrations - Various Locations along the Outer Banks, North Carolina
From Currituck Heritage Park fireworks and Duck's annual Fourth of July Parade to Roanoke Island Festival Park's fireworks and concert, and on to Hatteras Island (just to mention a few), many events and celebrations take place all along the North Carolina Outer Banks throughout the July 4th weekend.
- Pleasure Island Independence Day Fireworks - Carolina Beach, North Carolina
Held on July 3rd at dusk, fireworks are launched on the beach in front of the Carolina Beach Boardwalk.
- The Works!: July 4th on Fayetteville Street - Raleigh, North Carolina
For the first time, Downtown Raleigh will be the host of the city's Fourth of July fireworks extravaganza with activities beginning throughout Downtown Raleigh, especially on Fayetteville Street, at noon.
- Fourth Of July in Old Salem - Winston-Salem, North Carolina
The Historic Town of Salem recreates aspects of early Independence Day celebrations, which began on July 4, 1783, plus historic activities and demonstrations throughout the day.
- North Carolina 4th Of July Celebration - Southport, North Carolina
The patriotic spirit of America is alive and well in the City of Southport. For over 200 years the small maritime community of Southport has celebrated the nation's independence, beginning in colonial times when ships shot their cannons from the harbor to today's festival where 40,000 to 50,000 people come each year to enjoy the spirit of commemorating Old Glory. Incorporated as the NC 4th of July Festival in 1972, the festival committee strives to keep the focus on honoring our nation's birthday with some added patriotic fun.
- 4th of July Riverfront Celebration - Wilmington, North Carolina
This celebration features plenty of food, music and more preceding the annual Battleship Blast fireworks spectacular, one of the largest choreographed fireworks displays in the Carolinas.
- NC Free Fishing Day - All NC Public Waters
North Carolina’s annual free fishing day always falls on July 4th. Residents and non-residents may fish without a license in all public waters, including coastal waters, from 12:01 a.m. until 11:59 p.m. All other fishing regulations, such as length and daily limits, as well as bait and tackle restrictions, apply.
- North Carolina Tourism Website
For information about many more events, visit the North Carolina Tourism Website Events Listings.
GA - KY - FL | NC | SC | TN | VA