Ten Fun Things to See and Do in Williamsburg, Virginia During the Holiday Season:
- Celebrate the Holidays at Colonial Williamsburg - Between Thanksgiving and the first weekend in January, choose from hundreds of holiday-themed activities, tours, dining experiences, special events and interactive programs. Experience many Colonial traditions of Christmases past, complete with the warm glow of candlelight, seasonal music, fragrant wreaths and garlands, festive decorations and holiday celebrations.
- Foods and Feasts of Colonial Virginia - On scheduled days during Thanksgiving weekend, visit Jamestown Settlement to learn how food was gathered, preserved and prepared by Virginia's English colonists and Powhatan Indians. At the Yorktown Victory Center, explore the Continental Army encampment and learn about typical food served to the soldiers during the American Revolution.
- Christmas Town: A Busch Gardens Celebration - Enjoy festive decorations including more than six million sparking lights, holiday themed shows, holiday markets and shops, dining on seasonal favorites, and visits and dining with Santa. Many of the popular rides will be open as well, weather permitting.
- A Colonial Christmas - Jamestown Settlement and Yorktown Victory Center - At Jamestown Settlement, explore holiday traditions of the 17th and 18th centuries through fun and informative guided tours and interpretive programs. At the Yorktown Victory Center, learn about winter in Revolutionary War encampments, how Christmas may have been observed and see holiday preparations on a 1780s farm.
- Merchants Square - A charming and bustling 18th-century retail village, Merchants Square is located steps from the Colonial Williamsburg Historic Area. In addition to unique shops and popular restaurants, Merchants Square offers many holiday-themed events on select days throughout the season, including visits with Santa, strolling musical entertainment and concerts, street theater performances, a Holiday Farmers' Market and much more.