Sightseeing passes offer discounted admission to several attractions for one price. Some passes include special offers for accommodations, restaurants and shopping as well. Before deciding whether a multi-attraction pass is a good option, it is always a good idea to plan your itinerary and compare the cost of individual attraction admission tickets to the price of the pass.
Discount cards may be obtained in a number of different ways, some for a price and others for free. Each attraction pass and discount card offer is different, so read the fine print to make sure you understand the rules and any restrictions.
The Atlanta CityPass offers close to 50 percent savings on five of Atlanta's top attractions, valid for nine consecutive days including the day the card is activated. Most attractions allow CityPass holders to avoid the main ticket line so you can save time as well as money. Attractions include the Georgia Aquarium, World of Coca-Cola and Inside CNN Atlanta Tour, plus either Zoo Atlanta or Atlanta History Center, and either High Museum of Art or Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
Smart Destinations provides sightseeing passes in several larges U.S. cities. In the Southeast U.S., Smart Destinations multi-attraction passes include:
- Go City Cards (Shop Direct) - Go Orlando Card and Go Miami Card: Feature admission to dozens of attractions in each destination, plus special restaurant savings and more:
- Go Select Card (Shop Direct) - Orlando: Create your own sightseeing pass and only pay for the attractions you wish to include, with savings increasing as you add more attractions.
This build-your-own attraction pass allows visitors to choose four Nashville attractions with savings of up to 50 percent, plus $5 off any $50 purchase at the Music City Marketplace.
Available in two versions, a two-day Passport valid for two consecutive days and a one-year Passport, this multi-attraction pass provides individual one-time admission to nine top historic, architectural and cultural sites for a savings of close to 40 percent. Passports must be purchased at the Charleston, South Carolina Visitor Center, located at 375 Meeting Street and are not available for sale to groups or for special events. (Also, check out the Charleston Area Convention and Visitors Bureau online coupon page
for discounts on attractions, dining, shopping and more.)
This booklet includes free admission to nine historic sites in Alexandria historic sites, plus over 60 special offers to attractions, shops and restaurants. The Key to the City Pass is free when you book your stay through VisitAlexandriaVA.com's Travelocity booking engine.
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina Discount Cards
There are a few different discount cards for Myrtle Beach visitors. Here are three options to explore to determine which best suit your vacation plans:
- Discover Myrtle Beach VIP Discount Card - One card for discounts on accommodations, nightclubs, restaurants, attractions, golf, shopping and more.
- Ticket to the Town - One card for discounts on dining, entertainment, golf, nightclubs, freebies and more
- Myrtle Beach Vacation Member Benefits (VMB) Card - Free for VacationMYrtleBeach.com resort visitors, featuring discounts at participating vendors.
The Restaurant.com website offers dining for less nationwide at more than 15,000 restaurants and other online merchants. For example, $25 restaurant gift certificates for participating restaurants are offered at a purchase price of $10. There are also frequent additional specials and discounts.
When dining at a participating restaurant, simply present the certificate to your server before you place your order. Be sure to note all expiration dates and restrictions before ordering your certificates.